National Service Opportunities
VISTA Summer Associates
VISTA Summer Associates are available to serve in public housing and non-profits throughout the state.
As a Summer Associate members will:
- Serve 8 weeks
- Pre-Service training is held at TCAC office or on conference call
- Receive a $848 living allowance and a $1,175 Education Award
This program provides an excellent way to try out national service and many Summer Associates go on to become full time VISTAs serving their communities.
Contact Evonne Surber-Green, AmeriCorps Program Manager for more information.
Each Community VISTA serves a 365-day term and receive a cash bonus or an education award upon successful completion of service.
- 365 Days
- Pre-service Cluster Orientation
- $10,296 Living Allowance
- Choice between $5,550 educational award or $1,500 cash stipend
- Free healthcare
- Childcare assistance is available to qualified applicants
Contact Evonne Surber-Green, AmeriCorps Director for more information.
Qualifications to Apply for AmeriCorps:
US Citizen or permanent legal resident, age 17+, clean FBI, TBI and Sex Offender screening, driver license, reliable mode of transportation, ability to commit to a term of service, travel and attend pre-, post-, and in-service training. Applicants must submit photo copies of the following: Birth Certificate, social security card and a photo ID.